Based on the NWIR goals of mentoring, education, networking and recruitment, National Women in Roofing is pleased to offer a pilot program for scholarships for first time attendees to NWIR Day and the International Roofing Expo at the 2019 IRE and NRCA Convention in Nashville, Tenn. The pilot program is designed to encourage first time attendees who work for a contractor to experience the benefits of professional development in the roofing industry, as attendance at these events can influence one’s career trajectory and benefit not just the attendee but her company and employer as well. The theme for NWIR Day is Building Better Together and the value of continued education, mentorship and network building during these prominent events is well documented. NWIR is pleased to offer four scholarships for 2019.
- Attendance at NWIR Day, the NRCA awards banquet, a pass to the trade show expo, and a Super Pass to education sessions
- Hotel accommodations from Saturday, Feb. 9 through Tuesday, Feb, 12 (with flexibility for a Friday arrival if required by available flights; not to exceed $1500)
- Round trip Airfare (not to exceed $800)
- A host/mentor assigned through the NWIR mentoring program
- Each attendee and her employer will be responsible for meals, ground transportation and incidentals.
Guidelines for applicants
- Current NWIR Member
- Woman working as or employed by a roofing contractor
- Agreement to attend NWIR Day, education sessions and the expo
- Attend the NWIR session held during the education sessions
- Assist with staffing the NWIR booth at the expo (2 hours total)
- Agreement to write a statement summarizing her experience and provide a photographic release
There’s no form to fill out, simply provide this information in a document and attach to an email.
Applications are due via email by Dec. 14 to Jennifer Stone, NWIR vice chair at email@example.com
- Name, company, address, contact info
- Reason for wanting to attend NWIR Day and the IRE Expo and NRCA Education sessions.
- Review the IRE schedule and identify three sessions of interest and indicate how they will benefit your professional development and/or business development of your company.
- If an employee (rather than an owner), state that your employer has agreed for you to receive paid time off to travel from Friday, February 8th – Tuesday, February 12th.
- Statement indicating a release of application content and photo for marketing and publicity purposes.
Recipients will be notified of acceptance by December 19th and must make travel arrangements by December 21st.
Printable version here.